Greenville City Council approves resolution to aid students
Published 2:03 pm Monday, July 12, 2021
The Greenville City Council approved a resolution that authorized an amendment to the contract between Greenville and the Butler County Commission for Economic Development.
This resolution would appropriate a one-time payment of $49,000 for workforce development services proved by the BCCED and the BCBOE.
More specifically, this resolution would introduce the HI.ED (hyper-individualized education design) educational tool to all Butler County schools.
This tool would allow students to have better transparency on their standing regarding graduation and scholarship requirements, and NCAA eligibility.
HI.ED would also send reports of a student’s skills to employers to better understand how to utilize them in the workforce. Additionally, HI.ED would provide students with additional guidance regarding their plans after graduation.
The council then approved a resolution authorizing an amended tax abatement to help Greenville Solar LLC.
This resolution would allow the City of Greenville to assist Greenville Solar LLC and its affiliates and subsidiaries acquire, construct and equip a solar power facility, a portion of which will be in the city of Greenville.
The project’s construction would then create approximately three full-time jobs within four years of commencement operations and generate roughly $2,704,266 in new tax revenue for Butler County educational purposes over the next twenty years.
Regarding the rest of the meeting, the city council:
- Approved a $1,487.83 expenditure for an A/C compressor for the fire department
- Approved a $6,021.68 budgeted expenditure for one hundred 95 gallon trash cans for the sanitation department
- Approved a $32,880 budgeted expenditure for the 2020 city audit
- Approved a $1,710 budgeted expenditure for the 2020 public cooperative district audit
- Approved a $4,054.96 expenditure for the YMCA pool lift chair replacement after it sustained storm damage. This expenditure will be reimbursed by insurance.