Butler County Event List
Have an event to add to our list? Email Christy.Johnson@greenvilleadvocate.com or call 334-304-5485. There is no charge to add an event!
- September 25– Camelia CityFest
- September 25- Grand Opening of the Georgiana Opry House 12 p.m. 602 E Railroad Ave, Georgiana. Visit Georgiana Opry House on Facebook for more information
- Sept 29- Oct 2- Butler County Fall Carnival presented by the Greenville Kiwanis, Gates open at 6 p.m.- No Gate Admission- Arm Bracelets Available- Come out to the Butler County Fairgrounds and enjoy the Fall Carnival!
- Oct 1– OCC Shoebox Story Event, Southside Baptist Church, 211 King St, Greenville. 6-7 p.m. Guest Speaker: Yves Dushime- Come here Dushime’s story of how a simple shoe box impacted him when he was living in Togo after fleeing Rwanda to Congo.
- Oct 3– Bark in the Park 11 a.m. til 2:30 p.m. Hotdogs and refreshments will be available. There will be a pet contest at 2:30 p.m., $5 entry fee to compete. Major Delay will provide entertainment. Grand prize basket giveaway with $50 Wintzell’s gift certificate. All animals must be on a leash. Event to be held at Confederate Park. Proceeds to benefit the Butler County Humane Society. Contact Kimberly Mathews at 437-2150 for more information.
- Oct 3– Blessing of the Pets 3 p.m. St. Thomas Episcopal Church, immediately following the Bark in the Park, walk on over to the church to have your pet blessed. Contact Kimberly Mathews at 437-2150 for more information.
- Oct 14– Ritz Show
- Oct 14-15- County Schools Fall Holiday
- Oct. 16– Junior Humane Society- Car Wash from 8 a.m.- 12 p.m. at O’Riley’s Auto Parts. Kimberly Mathews at 437-2150
- Oct 20– LBWCC City of Greenville Classic GOlf Tournament at Cambrian Ridge.
- Oct 23– Junior Humane Society Field Trip to Kritter Kids Kountry Korner Zoo in McKenzie. Everyone will meet at the Chevron at exit 114 at 10 a.m. Contact Kimberly Mathews at 437-2150 for more information.
- Oct 28– Downtown Trick or Treat
- Oct 31– Butler County Historical & Genealogical Society’s Quarterly Meeting- Meeting to be held at The Lodge at Sherling Lake Park due to COVID. A special presentation begins at 2 p.m. by Walter Parmer on the history of Sherling Lake.
- Nov 6- Butler County Humane Society Garage Sale- Sale will be located on Commerce Street next to Goodwill. 5 a.m. til 1 p.m. EVERYTHING MUST GO. Contact Kimberly Mathews at 437-2150 for more information.
- Nov 20- Pups on the Patio Event- Hosted by the Butler County Humane Society: Bring your pet and enjoy great food at Wintzell’s Oyster House from 11 a.m. til 4 p.m. Proceeds to benefit the Humane Society. Contact Kimberly Mathews at 437-2150 for more information.
- December 7– Downtown Christmas Parade
- December 20-January 4– County Schools Winter Holiday