Cold weather blasts county

Published 12:37 pm Thursday, January 7, 2010

It’s a little late for a white Christmas, but there is a possibility that Crenshaw County could see some snow and other wintry precipitation today or tonight.

EMA director Jessica Tomlin-Seabrook attended a weather briefing Tuesday morning, and said that Thursday and Friday are the days to keep an eye on.

“We don’t foresee any roads closing, but the bridges might be icy, so people need to be careful,” she said.

Email newsletter signup

Crenshaw County is under a hard freeze warning and a hazardous weather outlook from the National Weather Service.

Today there is a 40 percent chance of rain and a high of 40 degrees with that jumping to a 60 percent chance of rain or snow tonight with a low of 18 degrees.

Friday and Saturday, the temperature isn’t expected to rise above 35 and the mercury will plummet to 11 degrees Friday night.