‘House of Horror’ coming to Dozier School
In a big effort to bring in some much-needed revenue, the town of Dozier signed a three-year contract last Thursday evening at a special-called meeting with Clint Miller of Miller’s House of Horror.
The town will use the old Dozier School building, which has been donated back to the town by owner Nathan Wright, as the new site for a huge haunted house production beginning this year.
“There are only a handful of big haunted houses around here,” Miller told the Council. “Dothan, Evergreen, Greenville, Elba—but none of those come close to having the same type of building as the old schoolhouse to use.”
“Why let the school sit there and waste away?” he asked.
Dozier Mayor Karen Davis said they could have other activities going on at the same time, including hay rides, face painting, and plenty of concessions.
“We’ll talk with the volunteer fire department and see if they’ll help us with some of these things and help make some money for themselves, too,” she said.
Miller, whose production was in Troy last year, said the haunted house would run every Friday and Saturday night beginning the first weekend in October.
Councilmember Linda Hutto made a motion to accept a three-year contract with Miller’s House of Horror. The motion passed unanimously.