Good Samaritan comes to aid

Published 12:00 am Thursday, July 29, 2004

We were so sorry to hear that Pete Burks passed away this weekend. His funeral is Tuesday. Please keep his family in your prayers as they suffer this loss. Mr. Pete will be missed by all who knew and loved him.

The Dozier Fire Dept responded to a house fire Sunday morning on Walden Street.

The house belongs to Pat Platt, who happened to be home asleep at the time. We thank God that a very special lady saw the smoke and checked it out.

Email newsletter signup

She beat on the door and woke Mrs. Platt up. If not for this person we may not have known about the fire soon enough to save her. We were very fortunate to have the help of Brantley’s Fire Department and Rescue Squad, who arrived to help us with putting out the fire which happened to be fully-engulfed. We also need to thank some of our community members who helped during this ordeal.

The fire department will be raising funds for MDA in a few weeks by standing out by the caution light. Please stop long enough to donate what you can and help them to help others. Also please do not run over any of them as they are out there working. Thanks for your help.