Calendar of Events
Published 12:31 pm Thursday, July 14, 2022
Calendar of Events for the remainder of 2022
- Sales Tax Holiday-clothing priced at $100 or less per article; certain school supplies priced at $50 or less per item; books that are less than $30 and of course, tablets, laptops, computers and printers valued at $750 or less and diapers. Visit https://www.revenue.alabama.gov/sales-use/sales-tax-holidays/ for retailers and exempt list
- High Heel Boot Camp- For girls entering k-6th Grades, 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Ritz Theater. Campers will learn about DYW. Call Hanna Thrower at 334-201-6648 or email Lowndes@distinguishedyw.org for more information.
Email newsletter signup
- Butler County Board of Education Regular Meeting will be held at 6 p.m. at the Central Office Boardroom located at 949 Oglesby Street in Greenville, Alabama. The public is encouraged to attend
- Walnut Street Church of Christ to hold annual Butler County Heritage Cook-Off starting at 11 a.m.
- W.O Parmer Kindergarten Boot Camp- Monday – Wednesday from 8:30- 11:30 a.m. Take the fear out of the first day of school. Kindergarten Boot Camp helps transition students into the kindergarten setting. A snack will be provided each day. For more information, contact the school at 334-382-8720.
- Back to School Bash: The Butler County Ministerial Association will hold its Annual Back to Bash at the Hank Williams Pavilion on July 29th at 6 p.m. All Butler County athletes and students are welcome.
- The Butler County Historical & Genealogical Society presents Jim Dunklin on the history of Dunklin Hardware and the Dunklin family at the BCHGS quarterly meeting. 2 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, 112 Adams Street, Greenville.
- GACOC and Kiwanis Club’s Coaches Corner
- Georgiana CityFest- Georgiana will celebrate its second annual CityFest in downtown Georgiana on August 5th and 6th, with two days of live music from all kinds of genres and there will be free entertainment and games for children of all ages.
There will be food vendors cooking up some awesome southern cuisine, fair foods and eats, desserts, and everything in between, as well as arts and crafts vendors.
Follow the event on Facebook.com/GeorgianaCityFest for the all details
- August 7th thru the 9th, at 6:00 p.m., First Assembly of God will be having Slide out of Summer Kids Crusade presented by NXTGEN. It will be fun for the whole family as well as prize giveaways. The church is located at 760 N. Conecuh St., Greenville. EVERYONE WELCOME!
- Camellia CityFest
- GACOC Fall Supper
- Butler County Historical & Genealogical Society Tour of Homes- 10 a.m. -3 p.m., Tour Headquarters: First Baptist Church Family Life Center, 212 Fort Dale Road; BCHGS Members Price: $15. Tickets can be purchased on Eventbrite.com.
- Pioneer Electric Annual Meeting at the Butler County Fairgrounds.
- Butler County Bicentennial Celebration
- Greenville Bicentennial Celebration
- Trick or Treat Downtown
- Christmas Parade