McKenzie Council OKs new debris contract
Published 4:39 pm Tuesday, January 12, 2021
The McKenzie City Council approved a debris contract with the Butler County Commission.
According to the contract, the commission and the McKenzie Town Council will enter Memorandum of Understanding that includes the following terms and conditions:
- The contract will only apply if the county uses it for debris removal and/or monitoring services following a disaster that requires it
- The mayor sends a notice five days after the disaster that they need services
- The county will determine if it can provide services according to the contract when requested
- No service will be performed on private property. Only services under the contract or those approved by the commission will be provided.
Alabama law prohibits public funds-whether actual money or labor- used for any private gain.
Email newsletter signup
In other business, the council:
• Rejected a contract proposal with Avenu Insights & Analytics LLC for business license discovery and recovery