Butler County offices offer online services
Published 3:16 pm Thursday, June 25, 2020
The Butler County Commission needs your help, and in doing so, you may keep your fellow citizen safe. In this difficult time, it was necessary to close the Butler County Courthouse to the public for the safety of everyone. However, we want you to know that our employees are working everyday and there are many services that you may be able to take advantage of without being physically present at the Courthouse. The Probate Office and the Revenue Office can provide many services by online, by mail or on the telephone.
Your Probate Office can provide you the following services:
- You may renew your vehicle tags online at renewyourtags.com and your decals will be mailed.
- If you received your reminder notice by mail, you can mail a check to the Probate Office at Post Office Box 756, Greenville, AL. 36037 and your decals will be mailed. The $3 handling fee for each tag has been waived.
- You can renew your tag via phone at (334) 382-3512 by credit or debit card, and your decals will be mailed.
- You may wait until the Courthouse reopens to renew without penalty until June 19, 2020.
- Driver’s licenses can be renewed online at alea.gov
- Deeds and Mortgages can be mailed to be recorded.
- Marriage forms can be mailed to be recorded.
- Until the Courthouse reopens, you may make an appointment to come to the courthouse parking lot to purchase tags for new vehicle purchases.
Your Revenue Commissioner can accept tax payments by mail with a cashier’s check or money order, or taxes may be paid on the telephone or by credit or debit cards or online through the website www.butlercountyal.com with a debit card or credit card. Most all other business can be done on the telephone (334) 382-6312 or (334) 382-3221.