Man arrested in North Conecuh Street shooting

Published 1:32 am Friday, September 30, 2016

A report of shots fired near North Conecuh Street resulted in one Greenville man’s arrest.

Shortly after 1 a.m. Thursday, Greenville Police Department officers responded to fired shots at 864 North Conecuh Street, where they found a male and female subject outside who stated that someone attempted to break into their residence.

Officers noticed where it appeared that the pair’s front door had been kicked open, upon which they proceeded to search the immediate area.

Email newsletter signup

Though they were unable to locate a suspect, officers received a call from L.V. Stabler Hospital’s emergency room a short time later stating that Travis Rudolph, a 24-year-old black male from Greenville, had sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen from an incident that occurred at North Conecuh Street a few minutes earlier.

Investigators where then called to both North Conecuh Street and Stabler’s Hospital, where they interviewed the occupant of the residence on North Conecuh Street.

“Quinton Tolliver, a 41-year-old black male, stated that an unknown subjected forced their way into their residence on North Conecuh Street,” said Greenville Police Department captain Justin Lovvorn.

“Mr. Tolliver stated he was in his bedroom and began to yell out to see who was in his house.”

Also, according to Tolliver, the unknown subject then ran away.  But when investigators processed the residence on North Conecuh Street for evidence, they found what appeared to be a bullet hole in the bedroom door, as well as other evidence suggesting that a firearm had been kept inside the residence.

When questioned again about possessing or discharging a firearm, Tolliver continued to deny it.

It was then that investigators searched the area around the residence and found a pistol and rifle, which appeared to have been recently placed in the woodline near the residence. The pistol was registered as stolen with the Wetumpka Police Department.

“Tolliver was then interviewed again and confronted with the evidence that we had collected to that point,” Lovvorn continued.

“He then confessed to possessing the pistol and shooting once through his bedroom door, as well as firing several rounds outside of his residence as he was chasing the subject.  Due to the inconsistent statements and conflicting accounts of what occurred within the residence, Mr. Tolliver was arrested and charged with attempted murder.  Mr. Tolliver was also charged with certain persons forbidden to possess a firearm, due to his prior conviction of a felony, and fourth-degree receiving stolen property. The investigation is ongoing, and will continue to develop the facts of what actually occurred to insure the proper charges are pursued.”

Rudolph was airlifted to Baptist South in Montgomery, where he is listed in stable but guarded condition.

Lovvorn said that additional arrests in the case are likely as the investigation continues.