• 46°

GFD extinguishes Administrative Drive house fire

Greenville firefighters responded to a house fire on Administrative Drive Wednesday morning. After arriving firefighters found the fire was on the stove. They extinguished the fire and removed the stove from the home. (Advocate Staff/Andy Brown)

Greenville firefighters responded to a house fire on Administrative Drive Wednesday morning. After arriving firefighters found the fire was on the stove. They extinguished the fire and removed the stove from the home. (Advocate Staff/Andy Brown)

The Greenville Fire Department responded to a house fire on Administrative Drive Wednesday morning.

According to Fire Chief Chad Phillips, the fire started on the stove.

“We got the call around 9:38 a.m. and arrived on-scene to find smoke coming from the residence,” Phillips said. “We made entry and found a very small fire on the stove.  We extinguished the fire with a dry chemical fire extinguisher, removed the stove and a portion of sheetrock and insulation from behind the stove to check for extension.”

Phillips said there was minimal damage to the wall behind the stove, damage to the stove hood, damage to the cabinets, and smoke damage to the structure.

No one was injured.