Summer feeding program dates, times announced
Several local schools and churches will offer free meals between June 1 and July 31 as part of the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Summer Food Service program, officials with the City of Greenville announced on Monday.
The program offers free lunches at several locations around the city, as well as free breakfasts at some of the locations. Participants must be 18 years or younger. Registration is not required, and participants can go to any of the locations on this list. No income restrictions apply, but meals must be eaten on site.
Participating locations include:
- Beeland Park, 1018 E. Commerce St., lunch is offered from 11:15 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Butler Chapel, 407 Oglesby St., lunch is offered from 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Dunbar Center, 208 School Highland Rd., breakfast is served from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and lunch is served from 12:15 p.m. to 1:45 p.m.
- First Assembly of God, 706 N. Conecuh St., lunch is served from 11:40 p.m. to 12:40 p.m.
- Greenville High School, 100 Tiger Dr., lunch is served from 12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Greenville Middle School, 300 Overlook Dr., lunch is served from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Greenwood Church of God in Christ, 651 Walker Green Rd., lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Greenville YMCA, 177 Academy Dr., breakfast is served from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- House of God Church, 112 Lincoln St., lunch is served from 12 p.m. to 1 p.m.
- Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist Church, 2240 S. Mt. Zion Rd., lunch is served from 12:15 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- W.O. Parmer Elementary School, 100 Butler Circle, lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information contact the City of Greenville at (334) 382-7111.