Advocate wins 11 advertising awards
Published 4:24 pm Tuesday, May 27, 2014
The Greenville Advocate won 11 statewide awards for its advertising.
The Alabama Press Association announced the winners of its 2014 Advertising Contest on Friday.
The Greenville Advocate picked up five first-place awards, four second-place awards and two third-place awards. The Advocate’s five first-place awards were the most by any of the newspapers in its division.
Email newsletter signup
First-place awards included:
- Best single black and white ad half page and under for 13th on Fifth by Tracy Salter
- Best single color ad over half page for The City of Greenville by April Gregory
- Best in paper promotion of newspaper for “Extra, extra, read all about it” by Tracy Salter
- Best classified display ad for Conway Diesel Equipment by staff
- Best presentation of online advertising
Second-place awards included:
- Best one-time special section for “The Playbook” by staff
- Best in paper promotion of newspaper for “Local News, Local Coverage” by Tracy Salter
- Best classified display ad for C4 Casey Feed by staff
- Best online revenue builder for Daily News Email
Third-place awards included:
- Best classified page or section
- Best use of humor for Old Mexico by April Gregory
Thirty-seven newspapers submitted 968 entries in this year’s contest. The entries were judged by members of the West Virginia Press Association.
Winners of the APA’s editorial awards are expected to be announced in the coming weeks.
The awards will be presented at the 2014 APA Summer Convention on June 28.