Family suffers total loss in weekend fire

Published 9:35 am Monday, August 29, 2011

A local family that lost everything over the weekend needs the help of the community. Billie Chesser, her partner Dennis, son and daughter-in-law Victor and Liz Chesser and their 8-month-old baby Clay returned to their Cook Road home in Greenville Saturday night to discover it was fully engulfed in flames. While fire fighters were able to keep the fire from moving into the grass and trees, they were not able to save the home.  A vehicle was also lost in the fire.

The family is in need of clothing, including men’s clothing, shirts in size medium and pant,s size 30-32; women’s clothing, size 14 and baby clothing and diapers, size 18 months.

Anyone wishing to donate clothing or assist in any other way is asked to contact 334-208-1809  and ask for Tammy.