Agenda for Greenville City Council meeting for April 25, 2011
Published 1:59 pm Thursday, April 21, 2011
Agenda for the April 25 meeting of the Greenville City Council. The meeting will be held at Greenville City Hall at 5:30 p.m.
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL:
Email newsletter signup
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE / INVOCATION:
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
4/11/11 Regular Meeting [Attachment 4-A]
~ BLUE RIBBON MONTH PROCLAMATION ~ DECLARING APRIL AS CHILD ABUSE AWARENESS AND PREVENTION MONTH
6. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
7. NEW BUSINESS:
A. RESOLUTION 2011-21. TO APPROVE CONDEMNATION AND DEMOLITION OF STRUCTURES THROUGH CDBG NO. LR-CE-PF-07-049, Phase III. [Attachment 7-A]
B. RESOLUTION 2011-22. TO ACCEPT AND APPROVE QUARTERLY FINANCIAL REPORTS FOR THE PERIOD OF JANUARY 1 – MARCH 31 AS PRESENTED BY THE CITY CLERK. [Attachment 7-B]
C. BOARD APPOINTMENTS. [Attachment 7-C]
D. RESOLUTION 2011-23. TO AWARD THE BID TO DELTA CIVIL DEVELOPERS, INC. FOR FAA AIP PROJECT NO. 3-01-0036-009-2011 FOR THE PARALLEL TAXIWAY EXTENSION PROJECT AT THE MAC CRENSHAW MEMORIAL AIRPORT. [Attachment 7-D]
E. RESOLUTION 2011-24. A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT A “CITIZEN PARTICIPATION PLAN” ESTABLISHING PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED IN ADMINISTRATION OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANTS BY THE CITY OF GREENVILLE. [Attachment 7-E]
F. RESOLUTION 2011-25. A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT A “GRIEVANCE PROCEDURE” ESTABLISHING PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED IN ADMINISTRATION OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANTS BY THE CITY OF GREENVILLE. [Attachment 7-F]
G. RESOLUTION 2011-26. A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT “FAIR HOUSING STANDARDS” AS PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED IN ADMINISTRATION OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANTS BY THE CITY OF GREENVILLE. [Attachment 7-G]
H. RESOLUTION 2011-27. A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT A “PROCUREMENT POLICY” AS PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED IN ADMINISTRATION OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANTS BY THE CITY OF GREENVILLE. [Attachment 7-H]
I. RESOLUTION 2011-28. A RESOLUTION TO ADOPT “STANDARDS OF CONDUCT” ESTABLISHING PROCEDURE TO BE FOLLOWED IN ADMINISTRATION OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANTS BY THE CITY OF GREENVILLE. [Attachment 7-I]
8. APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES:
A. CWA GROUP, INC. – $2985.00.
Semi-annual (1st event 2011) groundwater monitoring event and SSI Report, 2-22-11 sampling @ Old Landfill
B. LEADERSHIP ALABAMA -$2,500.00.
2011-2012 Class of XXII Tuition for Mayor McLendon
C. GREENVILLE MOTOR COMPANY, INC. – $1,576.50.
Estimated cost for replacement of transmission for Police Car #90 less warranty allowance of $1000.00
D. PHILEN CONSTRUCTION, INC. – $4,800.00.
To repair, revamp and re-roof lean-to at Animal Shelter
E. KELLEY’S FOODS – $1,142.10.
Beginning of season concessions purchases to stock all ballparks
F. SKIPPER CONSULTING, INC. – $3,330.00.
Professional traffic engineering and planning services provided 2/19/11-3/18/11 for the City of Greenville associated with traffic management plans for Fort Dale Road including actual drawings, consultations, and meetings with ALDOT.
9. CITY INSPECTOR’S REPORT:
10. WEED AND DEBRIS VIOLATIONS:
11. CITY ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
12. OTHER BUSINESS:
13. ANNOUNCEMENTS AND ADJOURNMENT:
- Thursday, April 28th – Senator Jeff Sessions will hold a Town Hall meeting at City Hall at 1:30 p.m. The public is encouraged to attend and bring a friend.
- Thursday, May 5th – National Day of Prayer Service at City Hall at noon
- Saturday, May 7 from 9-2 ~ Greenville-Butler County Public Library Annual Book Sale. If you want first choice, the Preview Sale begins at 5 p.m. on Friday and admission is $5.
- Monday, May 9th – 11 a.m. – Law Enforcement Memorial Service will be held at the LBW Conference Center with guest speaker Attorney General Luther Strange.
- May is Older Americans Month and our Seniors will be celebrating with a picnic at Sherling Lake on Friday, May 27 starting at 9:30 a.m. Anyone 60 or over is invited. Call Cathy Brown for more information.
- The next Regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, May 9, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.