Greenville City Council agenda for Jan. 24, 2011
The following is the agenda for the Greenville City Council meeting on Monday, Jan. 24, 2011.
GREENVILLE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011 – 5:30 PM
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL:
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE / INVOCATION:
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1/11/11 Regular Meeting [Attachment 4-A]
5. PROCLAMATIONS and PRESENTATIONS:
~ PROCLAMATION IN RECOGNITION OF
FORT DALE ACADEMY’S AISA CLASS AAA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP~
6. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- RESOLUTION 2011-04. To approve Quarterly Financial Reports for the period of October 1, 2010 – December 31, 2010. [Attachment 7-A]
- RESOLUTION 2011-05. To enter into an agreement with the State of Alabama Department of Transportation for Preliminary Engineering, Right-of-Way Acquisition, and Construction Agreement for ALDOT Project # IAR-007-000-005 for improvements to an existing industrial access road to benefit Hwashin America Corporation in the City of Greenville. [Attachment 7-B]
- RESOLUTION 2011-06. To enter into an Interlocal Funding and Cooperation Agreement with the City of Montgomery in support of locating Hyundai Electric Systems Alabama, Inc. d/b/a Hyundai Heavy to the Tri-County Area thus providing job opportunities for citizens of Butler County and the City of Greenville both directly and indirectly through the addition of local suppliers. [Attachment 7-C]
8. APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES:
- SOUTH CENTRAL ALABAMA CLASSIFIED MARKETPLACE – $1,621.26.
Publication of Public Hearing Notices for proposed North Conecuh Street Rezoning – Ordinance 2011-01
9. CITY INSPECTOR’S REPORT:
10. WEED AND DEBRIS VIOLATIONS:
11. CITY ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
12. OTHER BUSINESS:
~ HSYCO ANNOUNCEMENT ~
13. ANNOUNCEMENTS AND ADJOURNMENT:
- All City of Greenville 2010 Business Licenses expired on December 31st. Merchants have until Monday, January 31st to purchase their 2011 Business License without a penalty. If you did not receive a notice in December or if you have any questions about your renewal, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 382-2647 for assistance.
- Monday, February 14 @ 5:15 p.m. – The City Council will hold a Public Hearing regarding the rezoning request entered by the City of Greenville to rezone a block of properties on North Conecuh Street from Light Industrial to Highway Commercial.
- Tuesday, February 15 Life South Blood Drive in front of City Hall from 12:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 24th – 6:30 p.m. – Chamber of Commerce Annual Member Banquet – Tickets are $20.00 and available from any board member or at the Chamber. The Distinguished Business Leader for 2010 will be announced during the evening.
- Next Regular City Council Meeting ~ Monday, February 14, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.