Greenville City Council agenda for Jan. 24, 2011
Published 2:32 pm Monday, January 24, 2011
The following is the agenda for the Greenville City Council meeting on Monday, Jan. 24, 2011.
GREENVILLE CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, JANUARY 24, 2011 – 5:30 PM
1. CALL TO ORDER:
2. ROLL CALL:
3. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE / INVOCATION:
4. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1/11/11 Regular Meeting [Attachment 4-A]
5. PROCLAMATIONS and PRESENTATIONS:
~ PROCLAMATION IN RECOGNITION OF
FORT DALE ACADEMY’S AISA CLASS AAA STATE CHAMPIONSHIP~
6. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
7. NEW BUSINESS:
- RESOLUTION 2011-04. To approve Quarterly Financial Reports for the period of October 1, 2010 – December 31, 2010. [Attachment 7-A]
- RESOLUTION 2011-05. To enter into an agreement with the State of Alabama Department of Transportation for Preliminary Engineering, Right-of-Way Acquisition, and Construction Agreement for ALDOT Project # IAR-007-000-005 for improvements to an existing industrial access road to benefit Hwashin America Corporation in the City of Greenville. [Attachment 7-B]
- RESOLUTION 2011-06. To enter into an Interlocal Funding and Cooperation Agreement with the City of Montgomery in support of locating Hyundai Electric Systems Alabama, Inc. d/b/a Hyundai Heavy to the Tri-County Area thus providing job opportunities for citizens of Butler County and the City of Greenville both directly and indirectly through the addition of local suppliers. [Attachment 7-C]
8. APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES:
- SOUTH CENTRAL ALABAMA CLASSIFIED MARKETPLACE – $1,621.26.
Publication of Public Hearing Notices for proposed North Conecuh Street Rezoning – Ordinance 2011-01
9. CITY INSPECTOR’S REPORT:
10. WEED AND DEBRIS VIOLATIONS:
11. CITY ATTORNEY’S REPORT:
12. OTHER BUSINESS:
~ HSYCO ANNOUNCEMENT ~
13. ANNOUNCEMENTS AND ADJOURNMENT:
- All City of Greenville 2010 Business Licenses expired on December 31st. Merchants have until Monday, January 31st to purchase their 2011 Business License without a penalty. If you did not receive a notice in December or if you have any questions about your renewal, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 382-2647 for assistance.
- Monday, February 14 @ 5:15 p.m. – The City Council will hold a Public Hearing regarding the rezoning request entered by the City of Greenville to rezone a block of properties on North Conecuh Street from Light Industrial to Highway Commercial.
- Tuesday, February 15 Life South Blood Drive in front of City Hall from 12:30-5:30 p.m.
- Thursday, February 24th – 6:30 p.m. – Chamber of Commerce Annual Member Banquet – Tickets are $20.00 and available from any board member or at the Chamber. The Distinguished Business Leader for 2010 will be announced during the evening.
- Next Regular City Council Meeting ~ Monday, February 14, 2011 at 5:30 p.m.