BOE actions at last meeting
Published 9:38 am Monday, November 29, 2010
In addition to gaining a brand-new board member, Mickey Jones and a new president, Linda Hamilton, and vice-president, Joe Lisenby, the following recognitions were made and business conducted at the last Butler County Board of Education meeting:
– Elijah Bell and Hannah Simmons of Greenville Elementary School were recognized for achieving perfect scores on their math ARMT. Their teacher Gayle Gafford was also recognized.
– Approval to advertise for bids for cell phone services
– Approval of employment of AmeriCorps workers through grant monies to work in school with at-risk students.
– Approval of intents to transfer due to closing of Alternative School: Dr. Elois Bennett, Patricia McNaughton, Quana Scott and Carlton Edwards.
– Approval of leaves of absence: Shera Stinson, WOP, Mary Till, Central Office and Deedra Benson, GMS.
– Approval of resignations: Chris Moseley, teacher at GMS, Carmen Dawn Vickery, bus driver, and Benny Snipe, transition job coach, system-wide.
– Approval of request for W.O. Parmer Elementary School to apply for Safe Routes to Schools grant.
Representatives of schools across the county also gave presentations to update their status with Continuous Improvement Plan (CIP).