Poll shows lack of trust, faith
Published 1:44 pm Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Is President Obama the Antichrist? According to an online Harris Poll, 14 percent of Americans think so.
Even worse, some 24 percent of Republicans who responded believe the president is the ultimate Christian villian, the embodiment of all that is evil and the opposer of Jesus Christ foretold in the Bible.
And then there are the other responses to the poll:
Email newsletter signup
– 32 percent of respondents say Obama is Muslim.
– 38 percent say he wants to take away Americans’ rights to own guns.
– 29 percent believe he has done many things that are unconstitutional.
– 29 percent thinks he wants to turn the United States sovereignty into one world government.
– 25 percent say he is a domestic enemy, as referenced in the U.S. Constitution.
– 23 percent say he is a racist.
– 23 percent say he is anti-American.
– 20 percent say he is doing many of the same things that Adolf Hitler did.
Frightening responses, no?
The overriding concern raised by this poll shouldn’t be whether or not the president is Muslim or anti-American, but that he has become such a polarizing force in our nation.
And now, at this critical juncture in our history, our nation faces one of the most divisive and partisan political landscapes in its history. Last week’s passage of the president’s health care reforms, overwhelmingly not supported by the American public but rammed through the U.S. House of Representatives solely by the votes of Democrats, proves just how powerful partisan politics can be. With that divide comes fear – in the form of poll results that show average Americans wondering if their president is a domestic enemy or, worse yet, the Antichrist, arguably the ultimate villain imaginable.
What our country needs now, more than ever, is sound and reasonable leadership, built on the spirit of openness and partnership, not partisanship and divisiveness.
The old adage – united we stand, divided we fall – rings true. And if these poll results are any indication, our foundation of trust is showing cracks. – The Troy Messenger