Fire damages home on Friday night in city

Published 7:55 pm Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Greenville firefighters spent three hours extinguishing a fire at a residence on 613 Thames St. Friday night, according to fire chief Mike Phillips.

Phillips said there were no injuries, but the house suffered extensive fire damage to one room as well as smoke damage inside the home. The owner and occupant of the home is Patrick Fields, who lives there with his family.

“Upon initial investigation, it looks like the fire started inside a room they had converted to a playroom,” said Phillips.

Email newsletter signup

Phillips said the fire appears to have been caused by faulty electrical wiring.

Firefighters responded to the call at 9:15 p.m. Friday. – Staff