Council appoints board members
New board members and re-appointments were on the agenda at the Greenville City Council’s Monday meeting.
Mayor Dexter McLendon announced the new appointment of Nancy Idland to the Ritz Advisory Board, and the re-appointment of Frank Thigpen (Greenville Housing Authority), Dr. Aubrey Stabler Jr. (Special Care Facilities Financing Authority) and Sue Arnold (Planning Commission).
In other new business, the council voted unanimously to requested authorized bids for the 2010 asphalt paving project and unanimously approved the issuance of a retail beer and retail table wine (off-premises only) ABD licenses to Myrick’s Grocery, LLC d/b/a Myrick’s East at 1616 East Commerce St. (across from the skating rink).
The following expenditures were approved:
– Deborah Crews, Butler County Revenue Commissioner – $3,267.40 for the Ad Valorem tax on property donated to the City during the 2008-2009 tax year; hereafter the property will be exempt.
– Chuck Stevens Automotive, Bay Minette – $23, 304.00 for one Crown Victoria Police Car (100 percent funded through a Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA) Grant).
– Emergency lighting by Haynes – $3, 531.00 for lighting, siren, equipment package for one new police car ( 100 percent funded through BJA Grant)
– Alabama Department of Transportation – $1,250.57 for labor for a State Highway traffic signal and Interstate lighting maintenance
– City offices will be closed only on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. Those Friday garbage routes will run on the following Monday.
– City Business Licenses expire on December 31. Businesses who are currently licenses will receive formal reminders by mail this week. Deadline to purchase your 2010 license without penalty is Monday, February 1.
– The next regular Council Meeting will be held Monday, December 28, 2009 at 5:30 p.m.