City renews GEMS ambulance contract
Published 7:06 pm Thursday, October 29, 2009
The Gems Ambulance Franchise’s contract with the City of Greenville will continue into 2010.
The city council unanimously approved the renewal of the contract at Monday night’s meeting.
In other business, the council:
Email newsletter signup
– Authorized a change order for the CDBG Demolition and Clearance Project #LR-CE-PF-07-049 for silt fencing on property # A41-A42 (on the Pineapple Highway).
– Approved Zollie G. Sims d/b/a the Deli Mart at 1306 E. East Commerce St. for an ABC Retail Beer License
– Approved a payment of $18,565.95 for employer cost due for purchase of retirement error service for nine years and one month for Senior Nutrition Employee Kathy Brown.
– Approved a payment of $14, 850 to Davis Roofing for Ritz Theatre roof repair.
– Approved further action for the following weed and debris violations.
– Ida Mae and Hayes, Argie Mallory, vacant lot next to 814 Oak Street; Mary Herbert, vacant lot across from 715 Oglesby Street and Clausel and Deloris Maxwell Jr., vacant lot next to 816 Oglesby Street.
– Authorized the start of the bidding process for the purchase of an ambulance.
In other news:
– Mayor Pro-Tem Jeddo Bell reported the Haunted Firehouse, an annual fundraiser for the Firefighters Association, had already matched the amount raised in 2008 with three additional days of operation left.
– The City’s Parks and Recreation Department is hosting its annual Halloween Carnival on Thursday at 6 p.m. for toddlers through 2nd graders. The City’s official Trick or Treat Time is 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31.
– Old Time Farm Day is also Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in Sandcutt.
– Registration for Fall Basketball Leagues for ages 4-18 continues at the Parks and Rec Office through Friday.
– Low Country Boil tickets are now available from the Chamber of Commerce. The event is November 5 at the fairgrounds.
– The City will be closed for Veterans Day on Wednesday, November 11. The garbage route will run on Thursday, November 12. The next regular council meeting is Monday, November 9 at 5:30 p.m.