Greenville renews city contractsPublished 3:46pm Wednesday, October 17, 2012
The Greenville City Council voted unanimously at its Oct. 8 meeting to renew its contract with the Butler County Commission and the Butler County Sheriff’s Office for the housing of prisoners at the Butler County Correctional Facility.
The city will pay the Butler County Commission a total of $100,000, while paying the Sheriff’s Office $5.50 a day per inmate for a meal allowance and the Sheriff’s allowance.
“This is an agreement we have with the Sheriff’s Department and the County Commission for housing prisoners who are arrested by our police department,” Mayor Dexter McLendon said.
The city also contracted with Quality Correctional Health Care to provide medical care to the city’s prisoners for $2,648.92 per month.
The council voted to approve the following contracts:
* $7,140 to the Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center for the Greenville Police Department’s access to the Criminal Justice Network.
* $1,000 per month plus $13 per euthanization to the Butler County Commission for pound services.
* An automatic renewal of pound services agreement with the Town of Georgiana. Under the agreement the Town of Georgiana will pay the City of Greenville $17 per euthanization.
* $24,000 to James Travis Capps, Sr. to serve as manager of Mac Crenshaw Memorial Airport manager.
* An agreement between Capps and the City of Greenville in which Capps pays $250 per month to lease the airport facilities, plus 5 cents for each gallon of fuel sold at the airport.
* A $60,000 service contract with the Butler County Commission for Economic Development for promoting economic development in Greenville.
* A $25,000 service contract with the Butler County Industrial Development Authority for promoting economic development in Greenville.
* A $20,000 service contract with the Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce.
* A $10,000 service contract with the Butler County Children’s Advocacy Center for providing social services to the children of Butler County at no cost.
* A $1,000 service contract with the Covington County Chapter of the American Red Cross for providing local disaster relief services at no cost to residents of Greenville and Butler County. Butler County has been reassigned to the Covington County chapter, which now includes Butler, Conecuh, Covington and Crenshaw Counties.
* A $2,500 service contract with the Family Sunshine Center for providing social services to Greenville area families.
* An agreement with the Greenville Housing Authority in which it pays the salary and benefits of one fulltime investigator and extra-duty hours not to exceed $48,000 to the City of Greenville.