Three held on Hudson murder

Published 12:00 am Monday, June 28, 2004

Three men suspected of killing Doyle Alonzo Hudson Sr. were bound over for grand jury following a hearing before District Judge J. MacDonald Russell Wednesday afternoon.

Jenaldo Terrell Scott, 23, of 617 Simpson Road; George Allen Burnett, 19, of 200 First St. and Maurice Cortez Tyson, 19, of 30 Avery Lane, all are suspects in Hudson’s killing on March 24.

They are formally charged with capital murder, robbery first degree and burglary first degree.

Email newsletter signup

Two witnesses testifying in the hearing were Butler County Sheriff Diane Harris and BCSO Investigator Steve Blankenship.

Harris testified that Bennett, while in the Butler County Jail, &uot;got word to her&uot; that he wanted to talk. Harris read him his rights once more using a Miranda Rights form and had him initial each right and then had him sign the form.

Harris said Bennett told her that Tyson parked the car on a dirt road near the house, while he and Scott went to the Hudson home.

The sheriff said Bennett told her the purpose to go to the house was allegedly to get some guns.

Once they pried open the door, Bennett went one way while Scott went the other.

Harris reading from his statement said that Bennett told her he heard and struggle.

Bennett said Scott allegedly killed Hudson.

The victim was struck with a concrete block to the back of the head.

Charlotte Tesmer, defense attorney for Bennett, asked Harris if there was damage to the door where someone pried it open.

Harris said on her arrival at the scene, she immediately went to speak to Blankenship.

Wesley Pitters, an attorney from Montgomery, is representing Tyson.

He questioned the sheriff about Tyson’s whereabouts during the homicide.

Harris said a BOLO was placed for a car fitting the description of Tyson’s car.

Final questioning came from Greenville attorney Brandon Sellers, who is representing Scott.

Blankenship followed the sheriff on the stand, but the heaviest questioning was given to the sheriff.

Russell announced after all were done that the case would be given to the grand jury for consideration during the next session.

If convicted the three could face death by lethal injection or life in prison.