City, county close government officesPublished 4:09pm Monday, January 27, 2014
Greenville government will be closed Tuesday as the city braces for a blast of wintry weather that is expecting to bring sleet, freezing temperatures and possible snow to the area.
According to a news release, city officials are in constant contact with the Butler County Emergency Management Agency and are monitoring the forecast. Officials elected to close city offices in order to keep employees and citizens safe.
Butler County also elected to close its offices for Tuesday.
Butler County Administrator Diane Kilpatrick said a decision about whether or not county offices will be open on Wednesday will ne made Tuesday afternoon.
The City of Greenville announced the following closures:
- City Hall will be closed Tuesday and will reopen at 10 a.m. on Wednesday.
- Water Works and Sewer Board will be closed Tuesday and will reopen at 10 a.m. on Wednesday. The Water Works and Sewer Board monthly meeting has been cancelled and rescheduled for Feb. 4at 11 a.m.
- The Senior Nutrition Center & Camellia Senior Center will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The Parks and Recreation Department, Beeland Park and Dunbar Gym will be closed through Wednesday. All sports events are cancelled.
- Garbage pickup has been cancelled for Tuesday. Officials will decide about Wednesday pickup as the weather unfolds.
- The Greenville Landfill will be closed Tuesday and Wednesday.
- The Greenville-Butler County Public Library closed Tuesday and will open at noon on Wednesday.
- The Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce will be closed on Tuesday.