Superintendent’s contract not on BOE agendaPublished 2:00pm Monday, October 14, 2013
The Butler County Board of Education will hold its regular meeting Thursday night.
Absent from the agenda released on Monday is discussion of Butler County School System Superintendent Darren Douthitt’s contract.
The original agenda for the Sept. 24 meeting of the board included a discussion of the superintendent’s contract, but the item was removed after a threatening phone call was made to Douthitt.
Board of Education President Mickey Jones said the item was removed from the September meeting’s agenda because of fear that someone might get hurt following the threat.
“The board will decide when the superintendent’s contract will be discussed, if it will be renewed or not, and we’ll do it on our own time,” Jones said.
The proposed agenda for Thursday night’s meeting is as follows:
1. Call to order
2. Approval of agenda
3. Focus on excellence
- Poetry Out Loud competition contestants
4. Approval of minutes and payroll
- September 24, 2013 (regular meeting)
5. Report of fundraising drives/requests for use of school buses
6. Financial report
- Approval of financial statement (Aug. 2013)
- Approval of reconciled bank statement (Aug. 2013)
7. Report of bid results – gasoline and diesel fuel
8. Permission for participation in AASB’s Medicaid Administrative Claim
9. Personnel report
10. AASB delegate selection
11. Legal update
12. Superintendent’s report
- Report of bid results – surplus property sale
- November board meeting location
The meeting will begin at 6 p.m. at the Central Office Boardroom located at 949 Oglesby St.